Current availability is fluctuating daily. Please call for quote 800-563-1305
Brosurf N95/NP9 is a water-based compound and used for a variety of purposes. It’s a cost-effective, strong surfactant which is non-ionic, making it an excellent choice for cleaning, observing errors, and helping chemical reactions.
It can be used for non-porous materials and surfaces (e.g., metals, plastics, and ceramics) to catch any cracks or imperfections that may be on the finished product. As an emulsifier, it’s can be used to stabilize processed foods for human consumption. As a wetting agent, it can be used for slowing water and helping other substances dissolve quicker.
This product is a yellow liquid, so it’s easy to use within an aqueous solution mixture.
|Download SDS||Download PDS|
This product is vastly well-known, although not necessarily by name. It has various uses ranging from production to cleaning.
- An emulsifying ability, which helps certain food additives get the shape and structure of foods similar to mayonnaise, ice cream, and chocolate.
- Acts as a wetting agent, which limits expanding water. This is great for products such as dish soap
- Acts as a dispersant to separate oil from water.
- Can be used to treat processed fabrics by cleaning them from dyes and other uses.
- Arguably the most significant use of this product would be the dye penetration inspection, a low cost inspection method used to check surface breaking defects in all non-porous materials like metals and plastics.
- In general, this has an even larger impact on chemical compounds due to it being a soluble agent, helping many solutions increase the speed of the dyeing process.
SAFETY & HAZARD
- Do not touch whatsoever: no contact. Put on a metal tray, and don’t touch the rinse water, either.
- Make sure the entire body including the face is covered and there is absolutely no contact with the skin. Always wash hands after use.
- Put over a freezing point of 41 F/ 5 C
- Stable product; no dangerous mixings
- Dispose following national regulations. Send to a waste management company, do not let the substance touch waterways
- No physical hazard, but slight flammability of 1 and physical damage of 3 according to HMIS
- Very toxic to eyes and aquatic life, GHS classified category 1 eye damage, category 2 aquatic life threat long and short term.
- 4-nonylphenol branch, ethoxylated of 90-100% concentration.
- Use protective equipment, in case of fire do not let it run to the track, use proper fire fighting regulations.
|Appereance||Clear and Substantially free of suspended matter||ST-30.1|
|Cloud Point °C (1% aqueous)||52-56||ST-9.1, 5.2.1|
|Color, PT-Co||100 max.||ST-30.12|
|ph, 1% in 10:6 IPA:H2O||6.5-7.5||ST-31.36,F|
|Water, wt%||0.2 max.||ST-31.53|
|Molecular Weight (theoretical)||638|
|EO Content, wt% (theoretical)||65.6|
|Hydroxlyl number (theoretical)||88|
|DOT/DG Classification||Not Regulated|
|Flash Point, PMCC,||°F 460, °C 238|
|Pour Point,||°F 40, °C 4|
|Density, g/ml at 25°C (77°F)||1.055g/ml|
|Weight, lbs/US gal at 25°C (77°F)||8.79|
|Viscosity, kinematic: cst at 25°C (77°F)||278|
|Viscosity, kinematic: cst at 37.8°C (100°F)||112|
|Vapour Pressure, Tor, 25°C (77°F)||1X10-5|
|Critical Micelle Concentration, ppm at 25°C||48|
|Surface Tension, dynes/cm, 0.10% at 25°C||30|