Boiler & Cooler Waterguard is an alkaline solution that appears dark purple in color. It contains sodium hydroxide at 5%-6% concentration and sodium nitrite at 10%-12% by concentration. Boiler and Cooler Waterguard contains corrosion inhibitors to prevent corrosion, rust, and scale buildup in closed-loop water treatment systems and hot water boilers.
|Safety Data Sheet|
Boiler & Cooler Waterguard Benefits:
- Available in bulk for industrial use
- Includes pH-dependent color indicator
- Can be combined with anti-freeze treatments to neutralize the acid resulting from their degeneration
Boiler & Cooler Waterguard Applications:
- Boiler & Cooler Waterguard consists primarily of bases, corrosion inhibitors, and a pH indicator. It helps protect closed-loop water treatment systems and hot water boilers.
- The amount of Boiler & Cooler Waterguard that should be added to a system is equal to (0.6 x total system volume in gallons = number of ounces of Boiler & Cooler Waterguard).
- Initially, it can also be used at a rate of 600 fluid ounces per 1,000 gallons of water. After initial use, it should be used at a rate of 64-80 fluid ounces per 1,000 gallons of water. The nitrite level in the system should be maintained at 1,000-1,500 ppm.