|Safety Data Sheet|
Glycol Ether TPM, also known as tripropylene methyl ether, consists of at least eight isomers, which give it a low evaporation rate, strong solvency, and low viscosity.
- Strong solvency
- Low evaporation rate
- High flashpoint
- High boiling point
- Low viscosity
- Glycol TPM is an ideal solvent for products with ink, such as ballpoint pens or stamp pads, because of its high polymer solvency, which prevents quick drying out of the product.
- Glycol TPM is useful as a solvent/coupling agent for paints, varnishes, and rust removal.
- Glycol TPM can be used for oven cleaning, because of its high boiling point and high flash point.
- Glycol TPM is also applicable when used alongside solvent-based solid coatings.
- Because of its low viscosity, the solvent is heavily used in penetrating oils, such as WD-40